The Scaligera Philately & Numismatics Society of Verona (A.F.N.S) was founded in Verona in July 2nd 1933. The Society has been named in honour of the ancient and noble "Della Scala" family, who many centuries ago - during a more than a century-long rule - brought power and enlightenment to Verona.
- To facilitate contacts between member collectors.
- To enable exchanges of stamps between members.
- To create a specific library.
- To audit important pieces.
- To place catalogues and magazines at the members' disposal.
|Vice Chairman||Cirillo Giuseppe|
|Book-Keeper treasurer||Gandini Ercolano|
De Palo Tommaso
|Regular chek clerks||Calò Livio
|College of arbitrators||Gallifuoco Michele
OUR MAIN ACHIEVEMENTS: the Society has undertaken numerous activities every year and in particular the following should be mentioned:
- “VERONA ‘80”: an important National Philatelic Exhibition, which was organised in co-operation with "Poste Italiane" (the Italian Postal Services) and the Federation of Italian Societies;
- “VERONA ‘84”: a celebration of the final phase of the National Philatelic Day;
- “VERONA ‘96”: a contest of Postal History and Air Mail themes;
- "100a Veronafil" Nazional philatelic fair;
- Philatelic history;
- Modern phikatelic;
- Philatelic treasurer;
- A series of exhibitions, which have been regularly organised within the framework of "VERONAFIL"
VERONAFIL: twice a year the Scaligera Society organises a big exhibition called "VERONAFIL", which is one of the main event in this field and attracts hundreds of traders and tens of thousands of collectors to Verona.
AFFILIATED SOCIETIES: the Scaligera Society has close ties with other philately Societies in Schaffhausen (since 1974) and in Gau-Algesheim (since 1989).